When it’s your year to host the family for the holidays in Traverse City, you might feel more than a little stressed. As you start running through your to-do list, we are here to tell you that it can be a simple and organized season.
Regardless of whether you are having five or 50 guests over for the holidays, these tips will help ensure your celebrations are safe and enjoyable for all—even you, the host!
- A storage-packed island will provide maximum space in the most important room during the holidays—the kitchen. Keeping things organized will give you the space you need to prepare food and visit with family. After a full day of cooking, a kitchen island with hidden nooks and crannies allows you to simply put all of the dishes away and say goodbye to your one-and-done pans.
- The holidays are a great time for you to dress up your fireplace with up-to-date design trends. This space can really set the celebratory mood for your whole home. Whether you want a television or various decorations hung above the mantel, the possibilities to add a personal touch abound.
- Before the holidays is the perfect time to call in the professionals at Pella Windows and Doors in Traverse City to insulate and seal your windows. Keep your guests warm in those rooms you rarely use. Reduce the chilly drafts by adding insulation, or even replacement windows, to make sure everyone has a warm and jolly holiday.
- The winter months are the perfect time to add a little life to your décor. Through such a cold season in Traverse City, it is hard to find bright colors other than your friend’s ugly Christmas sweater or Grandma’s cookie frosting. Get creative with indoor plants and flowers —this will add some life and is a great outlet for a craft day.
- Whether you need more chairs around your table or you want a dedicated area for the kids to eat, make sure to provide enough easy seating and places to dine for your guests. Don’t forget about a cozy spot to settle after a big Thanksgiving dinner, either.
- Everyone knows holiday food is the best. Touch up on your home, but also fine-tune your favorite recipes. When your food matches the beauty of your kitchen, your guests will want to come back to the best kitchen in Traverse City every year. If you don’t like cooking, add fun with festive plates to put tasty treats on.
- Before the holidays is the perfect time to check or install your smoke alarms. Fires are common during the holiday season. No matter how great of a cook you are, sometimes things go wrong in the kitchen—it is better to be prepared and keep your guests safe.
- While they may collect dust during the rest of the year, dining rooms finally get the action they deserve around the holidays. Whether you’re gearing toward elegant or festive, there are infinite up-to-date design options you can take advantage of. Add anything from a grouping of candles to a bowl of pinecones to bring attention to the center of the table as a wintry statement piece.
- With bay windows there are endless possibilities to expand your space and utilize a nook. Make use of your untouched space and add tables, chairs or even a storage bench. Make this a special space for your family to enjoy the holidays, and spend time together throughout the year.
- Last, no matter how many projects you can fit in before the holidays, only do what you can and still make time with your loved ones. Any projects you complete will make your house more inviting. There isn’t a better time to feel at home in Traverse City than the holidays. Toss in some comfy throw pillows and enjoy.
For more tips on making your holiday season a little more cozy for your friends and family, come in and talk with our professionals at Pella Windows and Doors in our Traverse City showroom or give us a call at 231-538-2175.