The cold season is fast approaching in Traverse City and when the temperature lowers, the utility bills can often surge. There are many things that you can do to get yourself organized for the chilly season and equip your home for the weather change. Storm door installation can improve your home comfort during the cold months, and Pella Windows and Doors is here to help prime your home for what’s ahead.
What is so noteworthy about storm door installation? While storm doors are beneficial all year long, here are a few of the benefits that storm doors deliver during Traverse City winter:
- They increase energy efficiency – Storm doors are an extra layer between the outdoors and your indoor comfort. Their glass covering option decreases energy loss and can help lower monthly costs on your heating this winter.
- They increase home security – Just as storm doors deliver an added layer of protection from the elements, a locked storm door also adds another barrier for burglars or other unwelcome guests.
Storm door installation is a great way to prepare your entryway for the upcoming winter, but here are other ideas to save some money in your home as the colder weather approaches:
- Check weather stripping. When your weather stripping is loose, cold air can sneak in and impact your home comfort. If you have issues when reattaching or replacing loose weather stripping around your windows or doors, give our Pella West Michigan team a call and we will gladly help.
- Clean window sills and moving parts. Debris can get caught in the moving parts of your windows and doors, especially in your window sills. Find a dry paintbrush and clean these areas to make a tighter seal and better the performance of your windows and doors.
- Repair damaged exterior surfaces. Any weak spots on the foundation of your home, for example deteriorating siding or a cracked roof spot, could permit cold air to come into your home. Talk with a professional to solve these issues before the colder temperatures hit Traverse City.
If you have any more questions about winterizing your home, or about storm door installation this winter, give the team at Pella Windows and Doors in Traverse City a call at 231-538-2175 or check out our showroom to chat face-to-face with our experts. We want to help get your home ready to handle the colder season.