Whether it’s your front door, your patio door, or even a back door; doors play a central role in the aesthetic that guests have when arriving at your Traverse City home. When you choose that it’s time to replace your doors, it generally means you are willing to improve your home’s curb appeal or that you are just excited for a change in home mood. Either way, replacement doors are a big change and call for a few things to keep in mind. Lucky for you, the professionals at Pella Windows and Doors have a few things to take into account before you decide on the final new door style:
- Style with decorative hardware. Finish off the style of your doorway with ornamental hardware on your door, such as door hinges, bells, and knobs.
- Add a splash of color. Speaking of curb appeal, why not accentuate your door with a pop of color? Colors that go with your current paint scheme are great and uniform, but colors that provide contrast to your scheme can make your home look one of a kind!
- Experiment with lighting. People often misjudge the functionality of lighting in an entryway. Whether you’re spotlighting specific features, landscaping, or the door itself, proper lighting can bring a whole look together and feel cozy and inviting to house guests.
- Enhance with plants. The function of greenery around a doorway can also make an excellent first impression. Plants can pull attention to certain door details and shift attention away from other out dated features of a doorway.
- Try new accent features. There are many added features that can improve a door, such as sidelights, decorative glass, small windows and more. With the perfect accents, your door and home can be given a major revamp.
Greet guests into your home with an appealing doorway and make a lasting first impression. Drop by the Pella Windows and Doors showroom in Traverse City, give them a call at 231-538-2175 or plan an appointment online to discuss all the selections for getting replacement doors to boost the look of your home.